Travel back to colonial times at La Carriona, a beautiful 200-year-old hacienda that stands as one of the monuments to Ecuador’s fascinating history. The 1,500 square metre home is surrounded by 5 hectares of lush green gardens. Each of the hacienda’s comfortable rooms and suites are designed in their own unique style.
La Carriona’s thick adobe walls have witnessed major events in Ecuador’s history and visitors can appreciate the fact that the hacienda has maintained much of its historic heritage.
Enjoy a stroll through the fragrant, colourful gardens filled with hummingbirds and flowers that grow to prehistoric sizes. Being a working farm, animals abound on the property as well: llamas, cows, pheasants, chickens, ducks, geese and beautiful, elegant peacocks are reminiscent of life in colonial times.
La Carriona offers a variety of activities off site, the most popular being horseback riding and cycling in nearby Cotopaxi National Park. Hikes around volcanoes such as Antisana, Pasochoa and Cotopaxi provide adventurers with spectacular Andean vistas and a chance to be completely taken aback by the beauty of the region. The magical Historic Centre of Quito – the best preserved in the Americas – is also close by.
At the end of an adventurous day, enjoy the swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi before relaxing in the cozy bar – the perfect place to spend time with friends.
Being located only 30 minutes from Quito’s new international airport – much closer than the city of Quito – La Carriona is ideally located, especially if plans include a visit to the Amazon or Galapagos Islands.
* Book through Ishpingo Tours and be automatically upgraded to a suite (subject to availability).
- One night accommodation in a double standard room
- American breakfast
- Use of swimming pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and library
- Tasting of the hacienda’s own artesan cheeses
- Llama show
- WiFi in certain areas of the house
- Local taxes
Rates do not include:
- Additional food
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips and personal expenses
- Proximity to Quito’s airport and Andean attractions
- Beautiful, lush gardens
- Interesting history
- Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna
- “Home away from home” atmosphere
- Complimentary room upgrade *